Notes for compilation:
1. This library requires:
- Intltool 0.40.0 or newer.
- GLib 2.22.0 or newer.
- GTK+ 2.18.0 or newer.
- Libmenu-cache 0.3.2 or newer.
2. Optional dependencies:
- Gtk-doc-tools 1.14 or newer.
Notes for runtime environment:
1. The file alteration monitor is done via GFileMonitor built into glib.
It relies on inotify on Linux, kqueue on FreeBSD, and FAM or gamin
on others. On Linux, no additional dependency is needed. However,
for systems like NetBSD, you may need a working FAM daemon.
2. To get remote filesystem support, trash:///, and computer:/// support,
libfm needs gvfs. Please install gvfs and its related backends
if you need these features.
3. Volume management is done with glib, which relies on gvfs.
If you don't want to use gvfs, try the --enable-udisks configure option.
Libfm has a built-in volume management implementation done with udisks.
However, it's still experimental and may be unstable.
Use gvfs whenever possible.
4. If you're using Linux, mounting volumes without root privileges is
supported by gvfs and udisks, given you have correct policy-kit
configurations. If you have problems mounting/unmounting devices,
check your policykit configurations. Either your permission settings
are wrong, or there is no policykit agent running. There must be
something wrong and it's not a bug of libfm/pcmanfm.