feh - Imlib2 based image viewer
* #feh on irc.oftc.net
* libcurl (disable with make curl=0)
* libXinerama (disable with make xinerama=0)
If built with exif=1:
* jpegtran (supplied by the jpeg library, for lossless image rotation)
* convert (supplied by ImageMagick, can be used to load unsuppoted formats)
$ sudo make install
ZSH Completion for feh is available at
Use "make flag=bool", e.g. "make xinerama=0 debug=1" to disable Xinerama
support and get a debug build.
Available flags are:
* curl (default 1) - use libcurl to view http:// and similar images
* debug (default 0) - debug build, enables --debug
* exif (default 0) - Builtin EXIF tag display support
* help (default 0) - include help text (refers to the manpage otherwise)
* stat64 (default 0) - Support CIFS shares from 64bit hosts on 32bit machines
* xinerama (default 1) - Support Xinerama/XRandR multiscreen setups
So, by default libcurl and Xinerama are enabled, the rest is disabled.
Note: config.mk is designed so that in most cases, you can set environment
variables instead of editing it. E.g.:
CFLAGS='-g -Os' make
export DESTDIR=/tmp/feh PREFIX=/usr; make && make install
Builtin EXIF support is maintained by Dennis Real, see
$ make test
Requires perl >= 5.10 with Test::Command. The tests are non-interactive and
work without X, so they can safely be run even on a headless buildserver.
* import (usually supplied by imagemagick)
* perl >= 5.10 with GD, Test::More and X11::GUITest
$ make test-x11
Be aware that this is quite experimental, so far the X-tests have only been
run on one machine. So they may or may not work for you.